Before you get started on your wither tracing you will need:
- A sheet of paper at least 8.5″ x 11″ and a flat surface to lay it on.
- A pen.
- A flexible curve (available at amazon.com or the drafting supply section of Staples) or some kind of moldable wire.
- Someone to help keep the horse square and straight.
It is important that your horse is standing squarely on all four legs during this process!
- Find the very back edge of the shoulder blade where the bone gives way to soft flesh and then go 2 inches farther back.
- Take the flexible curve and mold it to the horse’s wither.
- Now trace it onto a piece of paper so we can evaluate it.
Fax the wither tracing to 307-433-1009. Please write your name and contact information on the tracing.